Houston attorney Jana Fay Bacarisse
Probate, Estate Planning and Guardianship Lawyer
Houston attorney Jana Fay Bacarisse is a trusted legal advisor for individuals, families, and fiduciaries in estate planning, probate, guardianship and elder law. Ms. Bacarisse is a native Houstonian, graduate of Baylor University and South Texas College of Law, having been licensed since 1990.
Why call The Law Office of Jana Fay Bacarisse?
Personal service, excellence and affordable legal fees are hallmarks of working with Jana Fay Bacarisse. Ms. Bacarisse is an experienced and compassionate attorney and has represented numerous clients in probate, estate administration, estate planning and guardianship matters. She is currently expanding her practice to include many issues facing seniors, including qualification for Medicaid to fund long term care.
Ms. Bacarisse is a member of the Houston Bar Association Probate and Trusts Section, the State Bar of Texas Probate, Trusts and Estates Section and the Disability and Elder Law Attorneys Association.
Jana Fay Bacarisse focuses her law practice on the following areas:
- Probate and Estate Administration
- Estate Planning
- Elder Law
South Texas College of Law, J.D., 1990
Honors: George T. Barrow Award by Dean of South Texas College of Law
Baylor University, 1982
Bachelor of Business Administration
St. Thomas' Episcopal School, Houston, Texas
- Disability and Elder Law Attorneys Association, Board 2010 to 2013; President for 2012/2013 term; current member
- Houston Bar Association: Probate, Trust and Estate Section; Elder Law Committee Member
- State Bar of Texas (licensed 1990), Real Estate, Probate and Trust Section Member
- National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys (2010, 2011)
- Christian Legal Society
- Served as Attorney Ad Litem and Guardian Ad Litem in guardianship and heirship cases
- Served as Guardian Ad Litem representing the best interests of minors in personal injury cases
- Served as Attorney Ad Litem in Mental Health and Tax Court cases
Presentations and Speeches:
Probate and Estate Planning: The Importance of Planning Now - given to GLO CPA Firm, Houston, Texas - 2014
Powers of Attorney, Probate and Estate Planning - given to Prostate Survivor's at St. Luke's Methodist Church, Houston, Texas - 2012
What Everyone Needs to Know About Estate Planning and Practical Tips to Help You and Your Family - given at Bayland Community Center, Houston, Texas - 2011
What Everyone Needs to Know About Estate Planning and Practical Tips to Help You and Your Family - given at Greenberg Traurig, L.L.P., Houston, Texas - 2011